OBSCURA Volume 18 / Spring & Summer 2015
This Spring & Summer 2015 edition offers two cover versions for your selection – one is a watercolour painting by artist and spiritual thinker, Satsuki Shibuya; another is an image by Belgian photographer, Sanne De Wilde. It is an invitation to our readers to join us on meditating and re-thinking the true meaning of perfection/imperfection.
1. Embracing The Moment – reflecting upon the concept of imperfection through the art of watercolour painting, an in-depth interview with Satsuki Shibuya;
2. The Art of Repair – introducing Kintsugi, a traditional Japanese technical skill for repairing ware and documenting graceful culinary experiences;
3. They Don't Meet Your Gaze But Let It Wash Over Them – exploring another way to look at beauty, a tranquil photo essay by Belgian photographer Sanne De Wilde;
4. The Unexpected Beauty of Risograph – praising the unique human quality of Risograph, an interview with the one and only Hong Kong Risograph workshop, Ink’chacha;
5. The Beautiful Transience of Life – an essay about Alexander McQueen’s interpretation of ‘Savage Beauty’.
Cover II: Photography by Sanne De Wilde
Print Details: 136 pages, perfect bound with a white cloth spine, full-color.
Printed in Hong Kong.