OBSCURA Volume 15 / Spring 2014
Smell. See. Touch. Hear. Taste.
Starting this year, Obscura is heading towards a brand new direction – cultivating the art of daily life. This Spring 2014 edition is all about observing everyday surroundings through the exploration of our five senses.
1. The Art of Remembering – Understanding the connection between scent and memory, an interview with Maison Martin Margiela;
2. Documenting the Ordinary – Noticing beauty in everyday life, a photo essay by Isabelle Bertolini;
3. It Is the World that Made You Small – Seeking inspiration from mundane objects, an interview with the award-winning, multidisciplinary artist Brock Davis;
4. The Sound of Poetry – Visualizing what we hear, an interview with the world-renowned sound designer Frederic Sanchez;
5. Embracing Breakfast – Starting a day in the best of moods, recommended recipes by Ron Lam.
Cover Photograph by Takashi Homma
Print Details: 152 pages, perfect bound with a white cloth spine, full-color.
Printed in Hong Kong.